Friday, April 26, 2013

What to do with 'Thoughts of Weakness'






















Thoughts of weakness want to live forever. They do this by belittling and criticizing every positive thing we do, every inspirational step we take. For example, after I created this 'picture quotation', thoughts living in my subconscious mind immediately went into the judgmental mode and starting serving up the following critical thoughts to me: "Why do you write such crap? Why are you posting it, no one cares. You will make a fool of yourself if you post it. People will think you are crazy." The interesting part is as soon as I did what I was inspired to do, posted my 'picture quotation's up on Twitter, the criticizing and belittling chatter, in my head, immediately stopped. Why? Because in posting what I was inspired to post, my thoughts of weakness lost the battle of trying to stop me from being me.. The moral of this story is if you do what you are inspired to do (in spite of the critical voice in your head trying to stop you), the moment you do what you are inspired to do, the critical voice will stop. - Frederick Zappone, author of: Love is All I Know, Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions and comments are welcomed. In fact, they are encouraged. Connecting with people in a very real way on this blog is why I started this blog in the first place. Having you ask a question or leave a comment always makes my day. :) - Frederick Zappone